Don't Die for DIY

Did you know that DIY errors cause half of all serious electric shocks in UK homes? 

Almost 50% of men admit that they feel they should try and tackle household maintenance and repair jobs themselves or ask a mate before calling in a professional.

But our survey discovered that nearly half of all severe electric shocks are caused by DIY attempts, with the main errors including cutting through power leads, drilling into wiring and repairing electrical items while they’re still switched on.

In addition, in a survey of registered electricians a third said they had seen or been involved with fixing electrical DIY mishaps that had resulted in fires, serious electric shock or significant repair costs.

 

The full article can be read here https://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/guidance/safety-around-the-home/electrical-diy/