Flickering Lights

If your lights are flickering it is most likely to a loose connection somewhere and not a resident poltergeist, you need to get this fixed by a competent electrician as this is a potential fire risk

 

#LocalElectricianMiltonKeynes

#ElectricianMK

#LocalElectricianMK

#ElectricianMiltonKeynes

#YourLocalElectricianMK

#BanTheBravado

#BeyondDIY

#GreenGoo

Rodent damaged cables

If you live near to fields or hedgerows it might be worth checking to see if you have mice or squirrels getting into your loft or kitchen. I was called out today to a report of lights failing and bright flashes coming from behind a kitchen cupboard. The problem was caused by mice chewing the insulation off the cables electricity arcing across the unprotected copper cores. There are even tooth marks in the copper, that must have hurt. I bet Roland wont be doing that again in a hurry. This is more common than you might think and can be a serious fire risk

Don't Die for DIY

Did you know that DIY errors cause half of all serious electric shocks in UK homes? 

Almost 50% of men admit that they feel they should try and tackle household maintenance and repair jobs themselves or ask a mate before calling in a professional.

But our survey discovered that nearly half of all severe electric shocks are caused by DIY attempts, with the main errors including cutting through power leads, drilling into wiring and repairing electrical items while they’re still switched on.

Beware Of Dodgy Phone Chargers – Watchdog Investigation

We recently teamed up with BBC Watchdog to investigate high street stores and online marketplaces to find and put dangerous phone chargers to the test. Our results found that many of these retailers were selling substandard chargers that could potentially harm your phone and even lead to electric shocks.

Beware of fake electricians posing as registered electricians!

A man has been jailed for carrying out dangerous work while posing as a registered electrician. John Draco, 35, of Rowan Place, Newton Aycliffe, pleaded guilty to fraud and consumer protection related offences after falsely claiming to be a qualified electrician. He advertised his services on Yell.com as accredited by ELECSA and Trustmark-despite not having either accreditation. He also claimed to be NICEIC registered.